Sunday, November 09, 2008

Penne with Tuna



I was reading the local paper one Sunday and this recipe caught my attention. I thought it is relatively easy and I have all the ingredients at home. This is also a great quick fix for lunch. I normally bring home cooked lunch in the office so I prepared the pasta Sunday evening and mixed the rest of the ingredients the next day.

The original recipe as printed from the Straits Times is from Judy Koh, managing director of "Creative Culinaire" in Singapore.

Ingredients:
90 g penne pasta
90g tuna in brine
30 g snow peas, blanched in boiling water
20g sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp black pepper
3 cherry tomatoes

Method:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta till firm to the bite before draining;
2. Toss the cooked pasta, tuna, snow peas, sun-dried tomatoes and black pepper in a bowl. Drizzle the lemon juice and top with cherry tomatoes.

What I've done differently is, I blanched "dow meow" (instead of snow peas), a commonly available bean sprouts here in Singapore. I also sprinkled parmesan cheese on top.

I like the complete meal in this pasta - carbo, protein and fibre! It is easy to prepare, ideal for those manic Monday's for working moms like me.

No comments: