Sunday, November 09, 2008

Easy Fruit Fridge Cake




This is one dessert that is super easy and delicious, you will love to serve this in any occasion. I call this "fridge cake" because you need to leave this in the freezer at least for 6 hours before serving. The basic recipe is just thick cream + condensed milk. Layer it with graham crackers and alternate with fruit slices.

First, prepare the fruit slices. I normally use mangoes for this recipe but today I am using peach slices which you can readily buy from the grocery in cans. Drain the peach slices and check that it is appropriately sliced (at least 1 cm)so that the flavor will blend well with the cream and milk. Second, mix the thick cream and milk. I normally favor more cream vs. the condensed milk, so my rule of thumb is 2:1. Third, crush the Graham biscuits to prepare for the layer. I used yellow plain biscuits branded "Sunflower" biscuits from the Philippines. I normally put the biscuits in a Ziploc bag and roll over with a rolling pin until all biscuits are uniformly crushed. Choose a square pan that fits well in your fridge. Spread the biscuits at the bottom to form your first layer. Add in the cream & milk mixture, then top with the fruit slices. You can repeat as many layers as you like, at least 3 layers would be good enough.

As promised, this dessert is easy as 1-2-3. Try this at home and drop me a feedback!

2 comments:

celynloi said...

Thanks for the simple recipe. It was a hit when my friends tried this. It's so yummy yet so easy to make. Even my 9 year old daughter shared the recipe to her friends. I said I found this on Ems kitchen site from the internet. Frugalicious!

Emily said...

Hi Celyn,

Sorry i think i didn't notice you commented on this post until now. Thanks for checking this out and yes, I could not agree more it is a very easy one! Thanks for sharing this with your friends..